What is EUCAnet?
EUCAnet stands for European Studies Network in Canada
Initially (2004) EUCAnet started as a joint initiative of ECSA-C (European Community Studies Association - Canada) and the European Studies Program at the University of Victoria , financed by a grant from the European Commission (DG Relex). EUCAnet is now (since 2008) part of the Strategic Knowledge Cluster Canada-Europe Transatlantic Dialogue, co-financed by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) and the University of Victoria.
The European Union and Canada share increasingly similar political, economic and cultural values on contemporary subjects like: Foreign policy, multilateralism, security, defence, immigration, multiculturalism, environment, health, education and trade.
Together with the Strategic Knowledge Cluster Canada-Europe Transatlantic Dialogue, EUCAnet addresses common concerns and debates by offering several information tools:
- Directory of experts and scholars in the field of Europe and European Studies in Canada
- Media/ Experts' Tip on selected current events
- Browsing functions for Strategic Cluster Groups of the Strategic Knowledge Cluster
- Links guide to European Institutions, Institutions that engage in EU-Canada relations and relevant information on EU News, Leading Presseagencies in the EU and on Publications and Databases Specializing on EU Contents
- Facebook project page "Canada-Europe Transatlantic Dialogue/EUCAnet.org"
- Twitter https://twitter.com/CdnEurDialogue @CdnEurDialogue
- EUCAnet YouTube Channel
EUCAnet Leadership and Management
Oliver Schmidtke, EUCAnet Leader
Derek Fraser,EUCAnet Advisor and Supervisor
Joan DeBardeleben, Director of the Strategic Knowledge Cluster
Beate Schmidtke, EUCAnet Project Manager and Communication Officer