Call for nominations for the ECSA-C teaching award
The European Community Studies Association in Canada (ECSA-C) is pleased to announce the “Award for Teaching Excellence in the field of European Studies”. This award will honor instructors who have taught a course with European Union content in Canadian university/college. The ECSA-C Award is accompanied with a prize of CAD 500, which is made possible by the Jean Monnet ECSA-Cn project, co-funded by the Erasmus+ program of the European Union.
Selection criteria for the ECSA-C “Award for Teaching Excellence in the field of European Studies”:
- All candidates must show exemplary experience in one or more of these practices: ·applying innovative teaching methods; · combining theory and practice, relevance and scholarly excellence; · using research elements to achieve excellence in teaching; · achievements in encouragement of critical thinking; · sustained commitment to teaching excellence, rather than one-off achievements.
Eligibility: A candidate must be:
- an academic instructor of any rank in the Social Sciences and/or Humanities;
- currently teaching at a higher education institution (university or college) in Canada.
- ECSA-C Board members can not apply or be nominated
Application process (by recommendation and self-recommendation):
- All submitted documents must be in English or French and include:
- A short personal statement written by the candidate about his/her teaching, including concrete examples of what they have accomplished or learned in their teaching, their approaches to teaching or philosophy of teaching, and a discussion of what their goals are for their teaching in the future (1000 words);
- The candidate's curriculum vitae (or resume) with contact information;
- Two letters of support: one from a colleague who is familiar with the candidate's teaching record; and one from a student (letters from former students should describe the teacher's influence on them); (In case the candidate was recommend, please submit just the one of the two letters that is required
- The ECSA-Cn coordinator will send an email to acknowledge the receipt of the application or nomination within one week of the submission.
- The ECSA-C executive board will make its decision by April 15th and the candidate will be invited to participate in the ECSA-C Biennial in Toronto, May 9 -11 during the award ceremony (the winner is encouraged to participate in the recognition of the award).
Conferring the Award and the Prize
- The award and the ECSA-C prize will be presented at ECSA-C award ceremony. The award winner will also be invited to conduct an interview with the ECSA-Cn team and be featured on the project’s website.