Our projects bring together groups of senior and junior scholars to work on joint strategies promoting issues of common concern to citizens in Canada and Europe. These thematically organized groups form the core for our network of scholars that have collaborated in the past through a Canada-EU Transatlantic Dialogue Partnership grant. By promoting thematically defined research groups on issues relevant to Canada and the EU, we hope to stimulate multi-disciplinary and cross-regional research collaboration. In addition our projects support public outreach by making the expertise of EU scholars more effectively available to media and policy makers across the country.
- ENVIRONMENT & CLIMATE CHANGE Canada and the EU have a significant potential to expand their cooperation on environment and sustainability
- GOVERNANCE & POLITICS OF MIGRATION Both Canada and the EU face challenges relating to social exclusion/integration of immigrants and youth
- ECONOMIC COOPERATION & CETA This research group focuses on mutually reinforcing Canada-EU economic engagements
- DEMOCRATIC DEFICIT & MULTI-LEVEL GOVERNANCE Canada’s and the EU’s challenges and opportunities for democratic governance
- FOREIGN POLICY & INTERNATIONAL SECURITY Foreign policy and security issues that are of shared concern for Canada and the EU