The main goal of ECSA-Cn was to enhance the networking capacity of the European studies community in Canada. ECSA-C will provided public visibility to the EU as a key economic and political partner of Canada and promoted research, teaching, and outreach initiatives in the field of EU and European Studies. For this purpose, this joint initiative between ECSA-C and the EUCAnet project (European Studies Network in Canada, www.eucanet.org) allows for innovative knowledge mobilization initiatives while engaging researchers, the policy community, media and the public at large.
We focused on key EU-related subjects, which had limited exposure in public debate, including changes in the political environment and the launch of the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA). These topics led to fruitful transatlantic exchange and dialogue.
Our ECSA-Cn project’s activities and services:
- ECSA-Cn expert database (specific service for ECSA-C members)
- Promotion of research groups (interviews; media alerts)
- Promotion of innovation in teaching and research (award; interviews)
- Fostering engagement of young academics (junior EU scholar interviews; policy memos)
- Dissemination of research outcomes and innovation in teaching (media alerts; video clips; Facebook)